Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sick

Sick, or in other words; When Our Beloved Heroine Eats Crow



I woke up this morning sick. Really sick. I felt so dizzy and nauseous that I could barely move. When Gumball started squawking at 6:45, I was afraid to pick her up, afraid that I would drop her. And terrified to walk us down a flight of stairs. I changed her, gave her some Tylenol in case of teething, and put her back to bed. I stumbled back to bed, praying Gumball would give me an hour to pull myself together. 10 minutes later, she was standing, shrieking, demanding attention. I had to call my mom, and she was here 30 minutes later. I spent the entire day in bed, sleeping and gagging, on and off.

My mom entertained Gumball, fed her three meals and a snack, changed diapers, got Gumball to nap, and made us dinner.

My mom is my lifesaver, once again.

I will eat crow for a long time. She can give me all the celebrity stylist parenting advice in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick. Hopefully it will pass quickly there as it did here.

    With my mom I just figure there will be highs and lows. I deeply appreciate the highs and figure the lows will either drive me to drink or become a hilarious story. Much later, of course.

    ReplyDelete