Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Amazing Meals

I've been cooking a lot. I think I'm falling in love with my crock pot. First, I made French onion soup. Cut about 6lbs of onions. Added a stick of butter and a cup of red wine. Cooked in the crock pot for about 8 hours. (Resumed cooking the following day.) Added 2 boxes of beef stock, and about another cup of wine, and maybe 1/4 cup of sherry. And some salt. And 2 lbs of stew beef. Cooked for about 4  more hours. Amazing.

Tonight, I made an even better meal. Collards. I added 2 giant bags of pre-chopped collards, 3 ham hocks (for flavor), cumin, celery salt, old bay seasoning (just a little), and a ton of pepper. Crammed it all into the crock pot. Added about a cup or 2 of water. Cooked for 5 hours. Aaaaahhhhh-mazing! I can't believe how incredible it was, with a little vinegar and Tabasco.

I am the best cook ever.

1 comment:

  1. You must be, because people think I'm amazing when I make your recipes.

    ReplyDelete