Thursday, January 12, 2012

Annoyed

Just a little vent.

I am annoyed. Very anxious, like usual, and also annoyed.

Tonight, my mom watched Gumball. We're trying to see if it would be possible for Nana to watch Gumball so I can go to my dear friend's babyshower. Also, my 15 hour a week nanny has been sick this week. So, no nanny, and no Nana, would equal no Zumba. I've been very grateful for my mom's help. Tuesday night went well, sort of. Mom tried to put Gumball to bed, totally did not follow my usual routine (which she consistently dismisses outright.) Thus, Gumball screamed and sobbed until I came to her. Moderate failure.

Tonight, when I got home, mom and Gumball were upstairs, reading. Mom says, "Gumball didn't do well at dinner." What does this mean, exactly? It means that Gumball didn't want any chicken pot pie. And she didn't want her babyfood, or yogurt. Mom tried to feed her, and managed to get about 3 oz of baby food, and 6 bites of chicken into her. Let's compare. Last night, Gumball ate an entire drumstick, 6 oz of baby food, and 4 oz of yogurt. When I tried to explain to my mom how Gumball needs to eat more, and how worried I am, she stormed off and went home.

Oh and the postscript to this story? 90 minutes after bedtime, Gumball is tossing and turning, sitting up, standing, talking... and not crying and not sleeping. I'm an anxious mess. I have a feeling that it's going to be a very long night. Hope not.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, J... I hope you three find a solution.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh. Today she tried to give me unsolicited parenting advice, based on what she saw while watching the Rachel Zoe Project. Yes, indeed. Apparently a celebrity stylist known for her alarming thinness is a better parent in my mom's eyes than I am. I continue to be irritated, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

      Delete
  2. Oh jeez. Let us never be our mothers *ohm*. I had to have the "I am this parent's child" chat with my mom on more than one occasion. It eventually took. I hope it does for you, too.

    (Seriously, Rachel Zoe? I'm like, totally, let's blow in her ear and give her a refill, look now she's brilliant!)

    ReplyDelete