Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kidney and Coleslaw

A nurse from Gumball's pediatrician's office called. Her kidney condition has resolved. All gone! I am incredibly grateful.

She has, however, been sick for 2 days. I've been so lucky- she's had a couple of very minor colds, but nothing serious. The night before last I heard a funny noise through the monitor, and when I went to check on her, she had vomited all over the bed and all over everything. She wasn't crying, and didn't have a fever, and I assumed that she must be ok. Little Miss is, after all, quite the barfer. The next day, yesterday, she didnt have much of an appetite. She ate dinner ok though. And then vomited all of it up. I got 4oz to stay down. Then she was up all night last night. At midnight, 2:30, 3:30 and then 5:30. Gagging and shaking. I would hold her upright and she'd cuddle against me and fall asleep. Today she didn't want to eat at all. I called her doctor and bought her in. No fever, no ear infection, still well hydrated... the doctor said she must have a stomach bug.

I broke down and bought some sugar filled (organic) Stonyfield yogurt drink for her. Which she didn't want. Got her to have a few puffs and a sip of water. For dinner I spoon-fed her some drinkable yogurt, and some banana/avocado mush. A few bites of each. I feel so bad for her. She seems to feel ok. I'm just hoping to get some sleep tonight. My mom came out, and it was good to have a break from the worrying. I love my mom so much.

And then tonight I made mom's coleslaw. Ingredients: shredded white cabbage, sour cream, mayo, minced fresh garlic, black pepper, tabasco. I can't say how much of any- it's kind of to taste. But I ate a vast amount for dinner. Hope the baby likes garlic.

Lastly, I am very sad about Amy Winehouse's death. What a tremendous loss. I listened to "Back to Black" over and over last winter. I would call it my break-up album. Especially the title song. Click here to hear it.  What a sad day for music.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear her condition has been resolved! That must be a huge weight lifted.

    ReplyDelete