Saturday, July 9, 2011

Baby Friend's Birthday

Today Gumball and I went to one of her friend's first birthday party at a spectacular state park on the lake. It was such a beautiful day. We sat around on the grass, watched the birthday boy "open" presents (he kind of just looked at them and sometimes gummed them) and then my friend D and her mom watched the baby and I went for a short kayak. Yes, it's true. Fat people do kayak. I'm always a little afraid that I'm going to get stuck in the kayak's hole, but that didn't happen (because we removed the back of the seat to accommodate my tremendous ass.) It was wonderful. I only went for a half hour, but we shot across the lake and then came back, and I hadn't been on the water in two years, and it was SO GREAT! Hot damn! I was having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures. I had so much fun, it was worth the two hour drive. What a great day. Then I came home and cooked scrambled eggs with avocado for the baby, and I'm now having a glass of LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been kayaking. I've been canoeing. At Disneyland, does that count?

    I've been on little boats here and there. I hate when the boat drops down when I step in, even if it doesn't for people I *know* outweigh me. What is up with that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canoeing at Disney counts. I think. Kayaking is awesome! You're right at water level, which feels amazing. I like canoeing too. Hehhehe I'm just glad my ass fit in the kayak I was using. Huh? Maybe not everyone who kayaks is at water level... something to ponder, I guess.

    ReplyDelete