Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crib=Playspace? I don't effing think so, Baby.

Every night, Gumball acts completely exhausted at dinner time. Its probably because, perhaps, I've somehow prevented her from having an idea daily nap schedule. We live alone. I have to go out occasionally, and see people. I also have to go grocery shopping, to the post office, to get the car's oil changed... etc. Fun times!

The real culprit to Gumball's naps is poop. She poops herself awake during every single nap. Little Miss can not sleep with a poopy diaper. Given her kidney issue, which is hopefully minimal, it's probably better for her to not sleep in a poopy diaper. Too much of an opportunity for a bacterial infection. I just wish she'd poop before, or after, naptime.

Anyhow, she's exhausted by dinner time. So the nanny, T, and I race through dinner, and rush her into pjs, and I go through our evening routine. Books, lights out, nursing, singing, and teeth washing/brushing. Into crib drowsy but awake. And the little fucker talks and plays for an hour. Or an hour and a half. In the dark, in her crib. It's all kitty's fault, damn him. I wish I knew why this stresses me out so much. Tonight she went to bed at 6:55pm. Exhausted. And now I can hear her through the monitor, yammering away. It's 7:50pm. At least she knows how to lie down. I lie her in the crib, and she immediately sits up to play. That used to worry me at first too. Now I just stress about her talking and playing all night. I know it could be worse.

Also, I think Gumball said her first word today. I handed her her rubber duckie during dinner, and she said "DUCK." And then practiced duh duh duh. So proud. I told my friend D about it, the one who is being set up as Gumball's guardian in the event of my untimely death, and she said that she recorded in her son's memory book that Gumball said "kitty" on April 18th. I am a bad mom, bc I don't remember that at all. I don't believe her. She must be drinking a nice glass of LOL tonight.

The Damn Kitty



No comments:

Post a Comment