Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gumball's Words

Gumball is getting quite chatty these days. She says the following:
Knee- "kneeeeeeeee"
Dog- "Og"
Kitty- "Eee-eee"
Ball- "Daaaaaaaah!" (always extremely loud and excited)
Baby- "Dayday"
Duck- "duck"
Snack- "mum mum" (she thinks any puff or cracker or cookie is a mum mum.)

She also knows what sounds the following animals make:
Dog- "uh uh" (with lips pursed)
Cat- "maow maow" (sometimes this turns into "mommy mommy" which is funny bc I think that's what Pumpkin- our cat- is saying too.)
Cow- "moo moo"
Sheep "ma ma"
Fish- "___" (opens and closes her mouth)

I know. She's a genius. She finally started self feeding too! At 13 months. Prior to this event, she would put mum mums, McDonald's french fries, and baby cheese puffs into her mouth. Now she will also insert strawberries (cut up into 800 pieces), cheese, turkey, lamb, steak, sweet potato, toast, waffle... and probably other things too. Baby likes meat, which seems sort of funny, in someone who only has 6 teeth.

And her teeth. She has top and bottom incisors. And then the next tooth, on the left side, top and bottom. It looks funny, but don't tell her that.

She is loving music and has started "dancing" a little. Dancing involves moving her butt up and down, as far as I can tell.

She's also started waking between 4:30 and 5am, which is super annoying. I change and nurse her, and she goes back to sleep with little fussing. I wish she would cut it out though.

4 comments:

  1. She is saying so much already!
    "Mum Mum" is actually Chinese (Cantonese) baby talk for "food".

    ReplyDelete
  2. She speaks Chinese! I knew she was a genius! Today she said "baby" and "neck" and "monk" when she was looking at a monkey. I just can't believe how much she is learning. Walking... not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian refuses to talk. He clearly understands everything I am saying but refuses to repeat. I worry he might have to see a speech therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet he's walking though, right? Gumball is not even close. And- do you have a bilingual household? Bilingual kids develop language slower, I read, but in time, it evens out. I wouldn't worry too much, just keep it in mind. When I mentioned to Gumball's pediatrician how worried I was that she wasn't self-feeding, he said that there is a huge range and he wouldn't worry about it til her 15 month check-up. And wouldn't you know, she now self-feeds. This is like a letter now, lol. I'm just saying to keep an eye on it, but don't worry yet.

    ReplyDelete