Saturday, April 30, 2011

Disclaimers

I want to say that writing this does mean that I think I know anything. On the contrary, it probably reveals my deepest weaknesses and inaccuracies. I accept that. The older I get, the less I know. I forgot the rules of capitalization a few years ago. I can't always remember when to use affect and effect. I usually try to avoid having to use either. I thought I knew a little about relationships. Not so. I know nothing about relationships. When the person you truly believe is your soulmate abandons you and the 4 week old daughter you so lovingly created, it really does something to the strength of your beliefs. I'm not sure what I believe in these days. I have hunches and sometimes I suspect things, but the certainty is gone. That's all I'm saying.


I know a tiny bit about adult nutrition. No, really, I do. I don't know much about baby nutrition, but I do want to share what little I have done. But again, a disclaimer. Since day 1 of solid foods, I've been making Gumball's food. Until about 3 weeks ago, she seemed to love it. Or, well, tolerate it. Then, all of a sudden any texture at all would make the baby gag, and vomit. As my friend D would say, there would be a failure to upload. Fucking hilarious. Anyhow, barfing up dinner means that Ratbaby doesn't sleep well. Ratbaby not sleeping well equals mama not sleeping well. So, yeah. Now she gets homemade, organic, gourmet baby food for breakfast and lunch. And jarred Earth's Best for dinner. It is what it is. I'm not thrilled, but I value the little rest I get. I assume I'll have a lifetime of cooking for the little grub.

Finally, yes, Easter was lovely. It was not without humor though. The baby got an interesting gift from her Nana. A friend commented that it was "every girl's Easter wish." Indeed.
A toddler-sized metal rat. With eye-skewering whiskers. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment