Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Sprang

The weather has been beautiful. My little Gumball stands by the door, reaching up to jiggle the handle, saying "outside. Go walk outside!" Since she is prematurely entering the terrible twos, this is often followed by brief toddler rage, and/or tears. Fun times. We do go outside whenever the weather allows. Gumball loves to visit the ceramic pig outside in a neighbor's garden, and chase bubbles, and go for sprints around the yard. She's so much fun these days, tantrums aside. She talks, and sings, and plays with reckless abandon. She loves Pumpkin, who she calls "Pumpin" or just Cat. She watches for the moon, and tells me frequently, "the moon is only at night." She adores babies, especially "Baby Wee-o," and loves her little friends. It's incredible seeing the kids grow up together. You know. To the ripe old age of 20 months.

It's been a happy, and generally peaceful, period for me. Gumball's last name has been legally changed to match mine. We've been busy with friends and have enjoyed visits from family.

I had that one fantastic date, and while it didn't turn out the way I thought I wanted (please note: zen detachment. Thank you, therapy.) I've been communicating with other people online though, and may have another date again soon. Hopefully the next person who asks me out won't move out of state immediately following our date.

No comments:

Post a Comment