Wednesday, December 21, 2011

'Tis the Season

I just made two more batches of this:

OMGOMG YUM YUM YUM!
(Shan, please take note. So delicious, so easy.)

Things have been decent. Gumball has been talking up a storm. Some words are perfectly clear. Like: meat, juice, milk, duck, baby, Elmo. And some words are close enough: like Eeep (sheep). Now she also says: "nurt." Any guesses what that means?

I'll give you a clue. When I told my mom that Gumball was saying this, she said, "well, now it's probably time  to stop."

That's right. Gumball is saying "nurse." In January, we're going to go down to one nursing session a day. I'm sad about this. Sad, but ready to get back on medicine.

In January, I'm also going to bite the bullet and put up a dating profile on Match.com. Okcupid in Vermont? Not so great. Granted, I am writing one woman who I find quite intriguing. I have a feeling that she's put me into the dreaded friend zone. Still, I continue to write her, and will meet her when she's ready. Other than her, however, and perhaps including her, it seems like all the people I've communicated with are totally fucked up. I'm no prize, I suppose. Except I am! I still miss Gumball's dad, but I've been single for 15 months, and am open, and honest, and still have something left to give. Right? It seems like the broken, twisted, pathetic people I've "met" online are just careening from one hurt to another relationship. I write people, and they write back. We exchange lighthearted messages, and get to know each other, and then they disappear. My feelings get hurt. I'm tired of this.

So, yes, dating. I hope to do it in 2012. And nursing. I hope to stop before the baby can spell nurse.

In other news, it's almost Christmas. Nana, Gumball, Little Dada, and I went to see Santa this afternoon. Gumball wasn't having it. She hated that old man in a red suit as soon as she saw him. I'm glad we got the annual photo though. And I have to admit that I find photos of crying babies with Santa to be quite hilarious and at the same time, charming.


Here are our last year's photos, for those interested. My sweet, tiny, baby Gumball:





Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, after two cookie exchanges in two weeks and one more more only two days after the last, I am not even *looking* at that recipe (again). Wowee wow wow! I might dream of it, though.

    Regarding your dating profile, perhaps you need to include something about the person you're looking for, like healthy or emotionally ready to move on? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. There was a time when Tom and I broke up and I posted a profile on a dating site. It included that my person of choice had to, among other things, be able to fix things, and I didn't really care if it was the toaster or relationship problems. LOL, I got some very nice responses.

    As for the Santa photos, I think I'm in the minority here. I just want to get those crying babies out of there, lickety split. I only have one photo of Corey with Santa; he was four or five months old. None for Mad or Fynn. Mad might have been willing this year, but when we came back to that side of the mall, he was on break.

    Lastly, you might want to change the label on that one photo so that it adheres to your no names philosophy.

    Hoping you have a very merry Christmas. I actually popped over to my blog to check on yours.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shan. For the editing, and the dating profile advice. I think I may take your suggestion, when I go to Match. And I'm not against sharing our names, I just don't want us to be google-able. My name makes me quite easy to locate, in cyber-space, anyhow.

    I do love a good crying baby Santa photo. They crack me up. Seems like a rite of passage.

    Merry Christmas to you too! Hope everyone has a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete