Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby Food: Fruit Medley

This is something I make a lot. Gumball eats it almost every morning as a part of her breakfast. 2 Cubes of fruit, about 1 oz of breastmilk, about an oz of mashed avocado, and some multigrain baby cereal. Sometimes I add a 1/2 tsp of flax oil (although I've been thinking I should use ground flaxseed instead.) I also mix in probiotics (to help with ongoing constipation issues, which seem to be resolved due to the probiotics.) Healthy, and she likes it.

Fruit Medley (using all organics, if possible)
(I have to emphasize that quantities are not set in stone.)

1 cup of dried prunes
2 cups of water
3 peeled pears, chopped
1 bag frozen strawberries
1 bar frozen blueberries

Add prunes and water, simmer for 30-45 minutes. Add all other fruit. Simmer, covered, for 30 more minutes. Add water if necessary so the fruit doesn't burn. Puree in blender or food processor.

Makes about 3 (maybe more) ice cube trays of baby food.

No comments:

Post a Comment