Monday, February 27, 2012

Singing

My kid sings all the time. Even, as it turns out, in her sleep. I just heard her through the monitor, singing Old MacDonald's Farm. She doesn't know all the words, but she knows the tune, and the EIEIO. She suggests animals too.

She also knows:
- Ring around the rosie
- Are you sleeping
- Row row row your boat
- Rockabye baby
- ABC
- Wheels on the bus

These days, every night, when I put her to bed, I sing Twinkle Twinkle, and Rockabye Baby. It's very sweet. She leans against my face, and we cuddle. When I finish Twinkle Twinkle, she demands Rockabye Baby. But when I start singing it, she begs for Old MacDonald's Farm. No way. That song is not relaxing at all.

Edited to add:
-If you're happy and you know it
-This old man
-Twinkle twinkle
- Old MacDonald's farm

No comments:

Post a Comment