Monday, February 6, 2012

Bragging About my Kid

Gumball is amazing.

Now that that has been clarified, let me explain why she's so awesome. She's almost 18 months old now, right? Talking up an absolute storm. I will now try to list all the word she's saying. I'm probably forgetting a bunch.

Animals:
  • Kitty
  • Kitty cat
  • Cat
  • Dog
  • Duck
  • Snake
  • Bat
  • Hippo
  • Pig
  • Chicken
  • Monkey
  • Turtle
  • Sheep
  • Goat
  • Donkey
  • Bunny
She still calls fish, cows, and horses by the sounds they make.

Foods:
  • Cheese
  • Meat
  • Broccoli (this is anything green, including both broccoli, and green cupcakes)
  • Cake
  • Cookie (this is what I call soft granola bars)
  • Mum-mum
  • Tato (potato)
  • Fruit
  • Apple (not like she'll eat them, but whatever)
  • Milk
  • Juice
  • Water
  • Beans
Parts of the body:
  • Head (still calls this "hat")
  • Neck
  • Mouth
  • Eye
  • Nose
  • Eyeball 
  • Belly
  • Belly button (when she sees mine, she screams with laughter. So do I, as it turns out)
  • Arm
  • Knee
Random:
  • Comb
  • Brush
  • Diaper
  • Cream
  • Shoe (pronounced "Ouuuu")
  • Sock ("Ock")
  • Hat
  • Ball ("Baa-eee")
  • Bear ("Bel")
  • Book
  • Night night
  • Bye
  • I need Bobo
  • Duck book
  • Mama potty
  • Boot
  • Shoe
  • Phone
Songs: to clarify, she knows some of the words, but not all, but DAMN! She carries the tune! Other people recognize the songs even. 
  • Row, Row, Row Your Boat
  • Baa, Baa Black Sheep
  • ABCD
  • Are You Sleeping
  • Tick, Tock
  • Open, Shut Them

Freaking musical genius here!

Oh yes. And she can count to two!

Almost 18 months is a lot of fun. I'm particularly exuberant bc she's slept late 3 days in a row. Today I had to wake her at 8:15am so we could make it to music class.

Still waiting on Mom's results. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

Edited to add...

I forgot a bunch:
  • Owl
  • Running
  • Jump
  • Up (means both down and up)
  • Down (means nothing)
  • No
  • No Way











1 comment:

  1. As the parent of two older children who still cannot carry a tune, I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete