Sunday, August 14, 2011

Good and Bad


Today was Gumball's first birthday party. Not her actual first birthday, but close enough. It was a wonderful event. I invited friends and family, and rented a small pavilion in a local park with a pool. A good friend and her son came up from Massachusetts, and we all enjoyed pizza, sodas and cake- and a beautiful day. I was so happy to be able to share the day with my family and friends, and I was especially touched that Gumball's paternal grandparents and great aunt drove 3 hours to attend. And my aunt also drove almost 2 hours to be here. After so many disappointments, it made me so happy to see so much love being showered upon my little sprout.

My friend O made the cake. And lots of mini cupcakes. She is amazing.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Her name. Its not a big secret, I just don't want it to be google-able.


The baby was nervous at first, but then quickly warmed to her new family. I love them, and it means the world to me that they shared this day with us.
Great Aunt D

Grandma K and Grandpa R


As always, Gumball loved spending time with her Nana. I think she's trying to say "nananananana" even.
Aunt C (my dad's sister) and Nana

Little Miss Barfs-a-Lot WOLFED down an entire mini cupcake, like Ms. PacMan

Baby was also thrilled to see her nanny, T. I am so lucky to have found this remarkable and kind woman who is proud of Gumball's accomplishments and who cares about when she poops and what she eats.

Sweet, little Gumball was happy to spend time with mama too.
Note: "trendy" feathers in my hair. Kate Gosslin-like, or actually cool? I think I'm too old to know.


Opening presents




It was also lovely seeing my friend A, and her son. Gumball loved having a young, mobile playmate.


Super happy to have a friend catching a ride
Totally capable of managing two... ha!



   Then I came home and found out that my Massachusetts house, the one I am trying desperately to sell (and selling at a huge loss) had been broken in to and all the copper pipe removed. When I spoke with the police, they told me that for having caused tens of thousands of dollars of damage, the thieves would only get $50 for the pipes. I hope they choke on it. And, when they broke in, they used the toilet and didn't flush. Nice, right? Sometimes it seems like I am cursed.



2 comments:

  1. LOL $50 for the pipes? Oh man.
    The cake looks amazing. Are those little pony inspired ducks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. They took copper wire out of a component in my furnace. 2 to 3 inches of WIRE. Component must now be replaced for $135. Unbelievable. It's a safe, residential neighborhood too. The cake was amazing. My friend's sister does this for fun. The uni-ducks were inspired by the cake design, which I was clued in to way before the event. Orientaltrading.com has ducks for every occasion. And since all I hear everyday is "DUCK DUCK DUCK", I just had to. She's already quite convincing.

    ReplyDelete