Friday, August 5, 2011

Ducks

I never knew how many duck-related items I have. Books about ducks, rubber duckies, songs about ducks... Every day the baby is practicing her new word. Its all "duck, duck, duuuuuuuck, d'uck, duck duck duck." Sometimes she does both of her words, together. "Mam-uk, maaaa-muk, MA-muK." You know. Mama duck. I guess that's me. Mama Duck.

In other Gumball-related news, occasionally when I ask her, "what does a cow say?" She answers "moo moo." And the same when I ask her what a fish says. She opens and closes her lips like a fish gasping for air.

She's been crawling all over, and trying to stand. Unlike other babies I have seen, instead of pulling up, she finds something low, and braces her way up. Weird.

I admit it, I think she's very smart. It scares me how much she seems to comprehend. Her dad, while a complete idiot in many way, is very intelligent in terms of math and logic. He's a very good chess player, for example. And despite the fact that the only degree he's received is a high school diploma- he would regularly beat me in Scrabble. Anyhow, Gumball is smart. It pleases me, and I feel proud, but it also scares me. I want her to be smart, but more than that I want her to be at peace, and to find happiness and fulfillment in her life. As it turns out, intelligence is highly overrated. But peace and happiness are essential, yet highly underrated. I wish her a lifetime of happiness and peace.

2 comments:

  1. She's already saying duck and mooing?? I can barely get Adrian to say Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete